1642 BOOKS

De gouden dolk
T. Beckman
SPOILER ALERT!

Insurgent (Divergent)

Insurgent - Veronica Roth This was such a hilarious book (some parts of it). Here are my favorite parts:

1. Eric intimidates Tris after the attack on the Candor:

"Most of the Divergent get two results in the aptitude test. Some only get one. No one has ever gotten three, not because of aptitude, but simply because in order to get that result, you have to refuse to choose something," he says, moving closer still. I tilt my head back to look at him, at all the metal gleaming in his face, at his empty eyes.

"My superiors suspect that you got two, Tris,” he says. “They don’t think you’re that complex -- just an even blend of Abnegation and Dauntless -- selfless to the point of idiocy. Or is that brave to the point of idiocy?"

I close my hand around the knife handle and squeeze. He leans closer.

"Just between you and me … I think you might have gotten three, because you’re the kind of bullheaded person who would refuse to make a simple choice just because she was told to," he says. "Care to enlighten me?"

-------------------

2. Strategic planning of the Dauntless:

“So I guess the real question is,” says Zeke, folding his hands on the table, “if you were Erudite, what would you say at this meeting?”

They all look at me. Expectantly.

“What?” I say.

“You’re Divergent,” Zeke replies.

[…]

“You all have functional brains, last time I checked,” I say. “You can think like the Erudite, too.”

“But we don’t have special Divergent brains!” says Marlene. She touches her fingertips to my scalp and squeezes lightly. “Come on, do your magic.”

[…]

“It’s not magic,” I say hotly. “You just have to ask yourself what the most logical response to a particular situation is.”

I am greeted with blank stares.

[…]

I pinch the bridge of my nose. I already have a headache. “Fine.”